Contributors

Monday, April 27, 2009

Dream

Tonight we were brainstorming for names for the website. We came up with good names and I will share them with you. But this isn't really about naming things. It is more about a small innocuous comment that made me doubt my dream. Made me doubt in the many possibilities of my new venture, I made a conscious check in my head not to share my hope with that person again.

I shared with you in one of my blog that one of the first responsibilities of a leader is to define reality. I still believe that it is a very important aspect of leadership . But here is the thing, defining reality is there to have a secure foundation to build your dream (vision) upon. Defining reality and just accepting reality rarely brings hope, it is just a futile exercise.

I remember, in my past careers, going into meeting when major problems were happening in the plant, the people of influence, the real leaders around us made sure that we all understood that the problem was real, but they also brought us hope, with their ideas, with their optimism, they were able to convey the message that a solution in time could be found, they had a "dream". Dreaming and forgetting to define reality is bad, but stating a reality and losing your dream may be even worst.

I dream of bringing my vision to all the provinces in Canada, I dream of one day having a corporation with hundreds if not thousands of restaurants all over north america. It is true, it is a big dream. I dream of having a legacy for my family, for my wife, for my kids, for my brothers, for my nices and nephews. I dream big, I always have, always will. Every decisions that one makes, one must keep their vision and dream in front of them, because if you dream small, might as well not dream at all.

Today matters, the decisions you make today affect tomorrow. Think of a small fish in a small pond and chances are your fish is going to stay small in a small pond. Think of your big fish in a small pond and chances will be that your fish will stay in its small pond. Think of your small fish in the big pond and your fish will stay small. Believe in your big fish in the big pond and there is a possibility that your big fish will be in a big pond. You have to think big to become big.

Fishy fishy fishy fishy!!!

Anyway keep dreaming, whether it is sandy beach or global corporation.

PS: Ok here are some of the name we came up with for the website. Remember the name of the company is Groupe OZEN

So:
  • www.gozen.ca
  • www.webozen.com
  • www.resto-ozen.com
  • www.ozen.qc.ca
  • www.restaurant-ozen.com
  • www.ozen-resto.com
Well your comments would help us decide on a name.


2 comments:

  1. I'd go for www.ozen.ca. One problem is that www.ozen.com seems to be registered already and might get expensive to buy.

    Second choice (and from your list) would be www.restaurant-ozen.com (and register the .ca address while you're at it). I'm not a big fan of hyphens in web addresses but if I have to make a choice I think that's the most obvious one for a restaurant called Ozen (if you have the money, register www.restaurantozen.com and www.restaurantozen.ca and redirect them to your main address).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Albert, we decided to go with www.ozenresto.com for the website and use www.ozeninc.ca for the corporate website. Thank you very much for your insight, restaurantozen.com was one of our choices as well. OZEN.ca and OZEN.com were too expensive for our taste

    ReplyDelete